Bioprinter: Stepper Tests

The x-axis is slipping in the reverse direction. Forward is fine, maybe a little oil will fix it. Y and Z axes work just fine, but the motor doesn’t like low speeds with the motor controlling program I wrote. I’ll have to change some of the pulse timing for smoother operation. I found out the set screws don’t really work with threaded rod, so I’ll have to make some solid shaft adapters. The control will come soon! It seems easier to write a G-Code parser for the Arduino right now and just have the printer blindly print files, but a nice interface like on Replicatorg might be nicer. I might just end up doing both, since writing it myself will ultimately be more customizable than modifying the source code. It’ll be important once I start using some funky tools.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: